It’s football season and time for all the dips and chips and snack foods to come out. Since we will be eating more, I thought I would make a light 7 layer Mexican dip. Last week we had Spicy Artichoke Party Dip and that can be lightened up too. So there is no excuse to have some fun snacks or appetizers and still watch those calories.
Light 7 Layer Mexican Dip
This recipe is adapted from the traditional 7 layer dip with refried beans or hamburger, but this is vegetarian style. You could essentially put anything you want into this light Mexican dip and you won’t be disappointed.
Vegetarian 7 Layer Mexican Dip Recipe
Light 7 Mexican layer dip
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
- 16 oz jar mild salsa
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce , shredded fine
- 2 large tomatoes , seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2.25 oz sliced black olives
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish.Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked or gluten free tortilla chips.
I have to say this was gone in about 20 minutes and I didn’t even miss the refried beans that I usually use. I didn’t tell my hubby either so I don’t think he noticed. With all the eating we have done over the last few weeks, we needed this lighter version.
If you liked this light 7 layer Mexican dip recipe, try these also:
Find more recipes in this low cal recipe book.