Sometimes as parents, we don’t want to admit that our kids are growing up. It seems just like yesterday that we sent them off to kindergarten, and now they are applying to colleges! New adventures mean students need to learn new skills, and cooking is one of them. Today we are going to talk about 11 cookbooks for the new college student.
Hi everyone! It is Jennifer again, and I am glad to be back posting on Candi’s site. As you know, I really enjoy combining Candi’s favorite past time with my love of books! Previously I shared about Fall cookbooks and fun cookbooks for your little chef. So sharing about cookbooks for the new college student seemed the most appropriate topic! Right now, I am deep in the process of finding the perfect college for my son, and some of these cookbooks will definitely be going with him.
11 Cookbooks for the New College Student
11 Cookbooks For The New College Student:
- $5 A Meal College Cookbook by Rhonda Lauret Parkingson. Skip spending money on takeout, and satisfy your appetite while not breaking your bank account.
- College Cooking: Feed Yourself and Your Friends by Megan Carle. Cheap and easy dishes that will satisfy you on those late night work sessions.
- Not a fan of meat? The Vegan College Cookbook and The Student Vegetarian Cookbook for Dummies has everything you need to satisfy your hunger and not compromise your eating beliefs.
- Cooking in college isn’t just about the food. Shopping, storing, and setting up a kitchen is explained in College Cooks: Simple Ingredients, Easy Recipes, Good Tasting Food will help your college student with all of these.
- The Everything College Cookbook. Whether you’re cooking for one or multitudes with a hot plate, studio stove, or microwave, you’ll find everything you need to create fantastic meals that won’t take tons of your time.
- Want to create delicious and healthy recipes in a flash? The Quick and Easy College Cookbook should definitely be on your bookshelf.
- The Hungry Student Cookbook gives more than 200 quick, cheap and tasty recipes that will impress all your friends. Includes indispensable tips on everything the new student needs to know, from barbecuing tips to tackling those tricky household chores.
- Looking for healthier options? The Healthy College Cookbook is created by college students to show novice cooks how to make delicious, nutritious meals.
- A fun option for students is The I Love Trader Joe’s College Cookbook. From pulled pork sandwiches to homemade pizza, this cookbook has super easy recipes to make, and you don’t need a bunch of pots and pans.
- And lastly, you need to check out The Ultimate Student Cookbook. This cookbook enables college and university students to enjoy fresh and healthy food every day.
So I hope that these 11 great cookbooks for the new college student will help your student have a tasty school year. Your college student may not want another book, but they will certainly appreciate it on those nights when the dining hall is already closed.
Which of these cookbooks for the new college student will you be sending with your child?