These Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes in a jar are a new favorite among my dessert recipes.
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, and part of my Cupcake of the Flavor month, I created this Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcake in a jar. I love the fact that you can now have it both ways. I can eat my cupcake with a fork and take as little or big of a bite as I want when it’s in a jar, and you can eat it slower and savor every bite. I also show it as a cupcake. That way you can make it either way. I wanted to add a little something to the beauty of this cupcake so I added the chocolate drizzle.
Now if you just don’t like mint at all, you can omit the extract or you can only add it to the frosting or the cupcake. It really is versatile. I happen to love mint. I even have some chocolate mint growing in my backyard. You can also take this herb and steep it in hot water for some tea.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes in a Jar
- ¾ Stick of Softened Butter
- ½ +1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ts of Vanilla Extract
- ½ ts of peppermint or spearmint extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of AP flour
- ½ ts of baking soda
- ¼ ts of baking powder
- ½ ts salt
- 1 cup of mint chips or andes mint chips
- 1 8oz package of softened cream cheese
- 1 Stick of butter
- 3 cups of sifted powdered sugar
- ½ ts of Vanilla or mint extract
- ¾ cup warm water
- Few drops of green food coloring.
- Mix Butter and Sugar together in mixer, add eggs, and extract. In Large bowl mix dry ingredients with wisk. Slowly alternate dry ingredients with water into creamed bowl. Add mint chips
- Heat Oven to 350 and scoop cupcakes into 12 liners. Place in oven for 18 -20 mins. Let cool.
- Mix, butter and cream cheese together, slowly add powdered sugar, extract and food coloring, a few drops at a time until desired consistency.
- To place in jars, cut cupcake in half. Add bottom half into 8 oz jar. Add frosting, add remainder of cupcake and then decorate. I added additional chips in between layers.
- For Cupcakes I add a chocolate ganache drizzle and then gold and green sugar crystals from Wilton.
If you like these Mint Chocolate Chips Cupcakes in a Jar, try these other recipes: