When you think of Spring and cupcakes, what comes to mind? For me, it’s Carrot Cake Cupcakes. I love these decadent cupcakes with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting that are perfect for spring or any occasion.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
These treasures would be a great addition to brunch. You could leave off the cinnamon cream cheese frosting and use them as muffins.
You can make them into mini cupcakes and serve them at a tea party. For an easy decoration on top just add some shredded carrots or maybe put an orange M & M on top.
Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe
- 2 Cups Sifted AP Flour
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 ts Baking Soda
- 1 ts salt
- 2 ts cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Cup coconut oil
- 2 Cups grated carrots
- 1/2 Cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 3 Cups of sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 TB Vanilla extract
- 1/4 ts cinnamon
- Beat the eggs until foamy and add oil slowly as you continue beating. Add dry sifted ingredients and beat until smooth. Add carrots and nuts. Both can be chopped in a food processor.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Check every five minutes after 20 minutes.
- After cooled beat cream cheese and butter, add 1 cup of sugar at a time, until blended. Add vanilla and cinnamon and frost when cupcakes are cooled.
Other ideas for Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Add chopped walnuts into the batter, or sprinkle on top of cupcakes
- Substitute Vegetable oil for coconut oil
- Eliminate cinnamon from frosting
- Eat them as muffins without frosting
What kind of cupcakes make you think of Spring or Easter?
Regency Wraps Greaseproof Baking Cups, Orange Swirl, 40-Count, Standard.The Original Premium Quality Tie Dye Silicone Cupcake LinersDress My Cupcake Orange Polka Dot Cupcake Wrappers, Set of 12
If you like these carrot cake cupcakes find other dessert recipes on my easy recipes page or visit:
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.