These Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter frosting is so rich and decadent and makes for a delicious creative cupcake idea.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
This week I made some Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting for a friend’s birthday. I love the fact that we like the same flavors so it made it easy. There is just something about this peanut butter frosting that I could eat it for dinner as the main course. I mean it is protein, right?
Her birthday was over the weekend and I surprised her with a dozen cupcakes. She had some company over for her birthday so she was nice enough to share with them. I really like to give cupcakes because they are just the right size and it is like a little gift that you unwrap, just before you eat it.
How do you make these moist dark chocolate cupcakes?
For the cupcakes, I used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate cocoa powder and then topped it off with peanut butter frosting with a chocolate ganache drizzle on top. They were really moist and they were topped with a creamy delicious frosting, and I added a peanut butter chip on top. Yum Yum.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 2/3 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 ts baking soda
- 1/4 ts baking powder
- 1 ts Salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 ts Vanilla Extract
- 2 TB Milk
Chocolate Ganache Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your cupcake pan with greaseproof liners.
- Mix your butter and sugar in electric mixer until creamed. Add one egg at a time. Add Vanilla. Start mixing your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Sift with a whisk. Start alternating your dry ingredients into your butter with water. Stop mixer and scrape bowl and mix again.
- Bake cupcakes 18 - 20 minutes and remove from oven and cool.
- Start mixing, butter and peanut butter, add powder sugar and vanilla. Mix all ingredients adding milk at the end and using enough to make a good consistency.
- Once cool Frost cupcakes.
- Add optional ganache with fork or piping bag.
What special treat do you like to make for birthdays?