These Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter frosting is so rich and decadent and makes for a delicious creative cupcake idea.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
This week I made some Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting for a friend’s birthday. I love the fact that we like the same flavors so it made it easy. There is just something about this peanut butter frosting that I could eat it for dinner as the main course. I mean it is protein, right?
Her birthday was over the weekend and I surprised her with a dozen cupcakes. She had some company over for her birthday so she was nice enough to share with them. I really like to give cupcakes because they are just the right size and it is like a little gift that you unwrap, just before you eat it.
How do you make these moist dark chocolate cupcakes?
For the cupcakes, I used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate cocoa powder and then topped it off with peanut butter frosting with a chocolate ganache drizzle on top. They were really moist and they were topped with a creamy delicious frosting, and I added a peanut butter chip on top. Yum Yum.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 2/3 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate natural cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoon Milk
Chocolate Ganache Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your cupcake pan with greaseproof liners.
- Mix your butter and sugar in electric mixer until creamed. Add one egg at a time. Add Vanilla. Start mixing your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Sift with a whisk. Start alternating your dry ingredients into your butter with water. Stop mixer and scrape bowl and mix again.
- Bake cupcakes 18 – 20 minutes and remove from oven and cool.
- Start mixing, butter and peanut butter, add powder sugar and vanilla. Mix all ingredients adding milk at the end and using enough to make a good consistency.
- Once cool Frost cupcakes.
- Add optional ganache with fork or piping bag.
Joy @ Joy Love Food says
I love chocolate and peanut butter together, these cupcakes sound amazing!
Kim @ The Baking ChocolaTess says
These look so divine. Thanks for sharing, pinning, tweeting and visiting from Two Cup Tuesday LInky Party.
Carlee @cookingwithcarlee says
These look amazing! I love peanut butter, but have never made a peanut butter frosting. I think I need to change that soon!
Hi there! Visiting from the Lou Lou Girls’ link party. This look so yummy! I love how dark the chocolate cake looks. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I also host a link party on Mondays on my blog, and it would be great if you could join us!
Megan @ Our PInteresting Family says
These look amazing! Pinning asap. 🙂
Jessy @ The Life Jolie says
These look amazing! I am such a fan of dark chocolate, especially if there is peanut butter involved. These would not last long in our home!
I stopped by from Whimsy Wednesday.
You had me at peanut butter. These look so so good! The cake looks really moist.
Alice Megan says
These look delicious! I’ll definitely have to make them
Lou Lou Girls says
I’m loving this! I’m always so impressed by your masterpieces. Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you on Monday at 7. Happy Mother’s Day! Lou Lou Girls
Julie is Hostess At Heart says
Oh boy this makes my chocolate loving heart very happy!
sandra duvall says
It looks so yummy.
Thank for sharing.
I will try to make it