It’s just a few weeks away and time is flying by. Are you screaming how do I prepare for Christmas Dinner during all the holiday craziness? Well, I have a checklist for you to do just that. It can seem overwhelming, but with just a few tips and ideas to get done early, it can be a breeze. If you are preparing a Christmas Eve get together, or Brunch, just plan accordingly below. Here are a few printables to help you with your Christmas holiday.
How to Prepare for Christmas Dinner
Two Weeks Before:
- Plan your guest list
- Write down your menu
- Send out any invitations or Holiday Cards.
- Buy any candles you may need
- Wash and Iron all tablecloths and napkins
One Week Before:
- Order flower arrangement centerpieces or make a tablescape.
- Have all your groceries bought
The Weekend Before:
- Wash all the dishes that you will be using (Bowls, serving spoons, teapot, Coffee Pot, crockpot, etc. )
- Set your table and put a tablecloth over so the dishes don’t get dusty
- Defrost your turkey in the refrigerator if you bought a frozen one.
Three Days Before:
- Clean your house or enlist your children to do the cleaning (reward them with a few dollars that they can use to go shopping)
- Make any dishes that can be frozen and heated the morning of.
- Get your entryway or porch ready or guest bedroom and bathroom
- Get all your Christmas Music ready or Ipod prepared.
Two Days Before:
- Reread your guest list and menu: (I like to look this over to make sure I didn’t forget anything)
- Wrap any last minute gifts you may have for your guests.
- Take a few minutes to remember what you are thankful for. Write them out and keep them near.
- Get your desserts prepared and put on cake plates or refrigerate
- Get your breakfast casserole made up to pop in the oven in the morning for your family.
- Make some hot chocolate and sit by the fire and relax. You accomplished a lot.
Christmas Day: Enjoy
Here are some recipes you might try: