It’s just a few weeks away and time is flying by. Are you screaming how do I prepare for Christmas Dinner during all the holiday craziness? Well I have a checklist for you to do just that. It can seam overwhelming, but with just a few tips and ideas to get done early, it can be a breeze. If you are preparing a Christmas Eve get together, or Brunch, just plan accordingly below. Here are a few printables to help you with your Christmas holiday.
How to Prepare for Christmas Dinner
Two Weeks Before:
- Plan your guest list
- Write down your menu
- Send out any invitations or Holiday Cards.
- Buy any candles you may need
- Wash and Iron all tablecloths and napkins
One Week Before:
- Order flower arrangement centerpieces or make a tablescape.
- Have all your groceries bought
The Weekend Before:
- Wash all your dishes that you will be using (Bowls, serving spoons, teapot, Coffee Pot, crockpot, etc. )
- Set your table and put a tablecloth over so the dishes don’t get dusty
- Defrost your turkey in the refrigerator if you bought a frozen one.
Three Days Before:
- Clean your house or enlist your children to do the cleaning (reward them with a few dollars that they can use to go shopping)
- Make any dishes that can be frozen and heated the morning of.
- Get your entryway or porch ready or guest bedroom and bathroom
- Get all your Christmas Music ready or Ipod prepared.
Two Days Before:
- Reread your guest list and menu: (I like to look this over to make sure I didn’t forget anything)
- Wrap any last minute gifts you may have for your guests.
- Take a few minutes to remember what you are thankful for. Write them out and keep them near.
- Get your desserts prepared and put on cake plates or refrigerate
- Get your breakfast casserole made up to pop in the oven in the morning for your family.
- Make some hot chocolate and sit by the fire and relax. You accomplished a lot.
Christmas Day: Enjoy
Here are some recipes you might try:
More Christmas ideas
I’ve joined forces with some other wonderful bloggers to bring you more great Christmas ideas:
- What is Advent and 10 Ways to Celebrate – If your kids think Advent is just about chocolates and calendars hop on over to Shari Lynne’s post and they can learn all about what Advent really means.
- Countdown to Christmas: Santa Beard Printable – This has to be the most adorable advent calendar ever. As the days go by your little one gets to add to Santa’s beard until it’s all white and fluffy in time for him to deliver those presents. Stephanie has even included a free printable so you just have to print it out and stick it on the wall.
- ABC Family Movies – Don’t miss any of your favourite Christmas movies this year – Megan has all the times and dates for ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas.
- DIY Christmas Decorations with Apples – If you like to make your own Christmas decorations check out these great ideas from Heather for decorating with apples.
- Best Holiday Cookies Recipes for Christmas – Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without some delicious cookies to share with family and friends. Clare has rounded up 14 amazing recipes that you can give as gifts or eat all by yourself!
- Gifting on a Beggar’s Budget – If you’re on a tight budget this year don’t miss Heather’s fantastic ideas for giving great gifts without spending a lot of money.
- 65 Stocking Stuffers for a Teen Guy – Do you have a teen guy on your list and you just can’t think what to buy for him this year? Well Mitzi comes to your rescue with no less than 65 stocking stuffer ideas!
- Dear Crazy Christmas Shoppers – While you’re frantically rushing from store to store trying to complete your Christmas shopping, spare a thought for the people working in those stores. Jennifer shares what it’s like being on the other side of the counter.
- Swedish Braid – If you’d like to start a new tradition this year, how about baking a Swedish Braid for Christmas breakfast, Barbara shares some tips in this post.
Get Your 9 Page Menu Planning Kit
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our 9 page menu plan kit for Free. Yay!